We're SOC 2 Compliant!
StarRez is excited to share that we have completed our first SOC 2 Type II audit. This means that not only do we host on SOC 2 compliant infrastructure, StarRez itself has been audited against a set of security, availability and confidentiality standards set by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA).
As institutions increasingly look to cloud providers to store their data securely, there is more need for external verification of the security controls vendors put in place. StarRez has already been providing that evidence via our PCI DSS certification, focusing on payment security, and now SOC 2 Type II joins that initiative as evidence of our cloud data security controls.
What does this mean for you?
In addition to the assurance this certification provides, our SOC 2 certification makes StarRez an ideal hub for resident information, and better prepares institutions to deal with increasingly complex regulatory requirements. Data in StarRez cloud now enjoys the following benefits:
• SOC 2 verification of data security controls
• PCI DSS verification of payment security
• Data sovereignty – we store and backup your data in your country
• EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield membership for institutions with EU residents or locations
• Compliance with EU standard Contractual Clauses
• Verified disaster recovery and incident response procedures
Our cloud platform is also ready to be used in FERPA and HIPAA compliant workflows.