The University of Birmingham wanted to significantly improve the arrivals experience for their resident students. The StarRez Arrival Timeslots, E-Induction Online, and Fast Check-in process helped fully automate the arrival and checkin process and allow staff to focus on the personal side of arriving to campus for the first time.
” The StarRez Timeslots and Online Induction modules have allowed us to significantly improve the arrivals experience for our resident students. By integrating StarRez with our Cardax RFID door access control system we have fully automated the check-in process as well. Our staff are no longer tied to the desk and can focus on our students, many of whom are moving away from home for the first time. ”
- Manage the arrivals process for 5,000 beds in just two weekends.
- Ensure students are prepared to live in the halls and have found compatible flatmates.
- Create a pleasant arrival process for both students and parents.
- Prepare residents for living in private accommodation during their second and third years of study.
- Ease the overhead of managing physical keys.
- Track arrival schedules to ensure the appropriate number of staff members are available at all times.
- Allowed students to select their arrival time from a pre-defined range of time slots, which accommodated student schedules while also managing the flow of traffic.
- Provided the necessary information to ensure that sufficient staff were present during peak arrival times.
- Identified the non-arrivals in an efficient manner, which reduced the financial risk.
- Prepared students for living in the halls via the E-Induction process while also letting staff know who had completed the online process.
- Reduced the number of physical keys that needed to be issued and tracked by integrating electronic locks with the card access system.
- Assisted students in understanding and selecting private sector accommodations.
- Accommodation Management & Online Applications with Student Self-Service
- Inventory and Inspections with Mobile; Meal Plans; Fast Check-In/Out; Student E-Induction; Timelots; Housekeeping
- Integration with Banner by Ellucian and Cardax RFID
|Binghamton University||USA||Managing Gender Neutral Housing||Beds: 7,400
|Rochester Institute of Technology||USA||Providing Mobile Technology for Staff||Beds: 8,600
|Baylor University||USA||Student Housing Move-In||Beds: 5,200
|Campus Living Villages||USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand||Multi-site Property Management||Beds: 43,000|
|Montana State University Bozeman||USA||Leveraging Apple with StarRez||Beds: 4,000
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom||Fast Checkin, E-Induction, Arrival Timeslots||SIS: Banner
|University of Delaware||USA||Managing Early Arrivals||SIS: PeopleSoft
|Roanoke College||USA||Ellucian Colleague Integration API||Beds: 1,250
SIS: Colleague by Ellucian
|University of Washington Bothell||USA||Leveraging the StarRez Fully Managed Cloud||Beds: 275
|University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||USA||Quickly Implementing a New Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|New York University||USA||Managing an Ever Changing Global Campus||Beds: 13,000
|Johnson & Wales University||USA||Online Room & Roommate Selection for All Students||Beds: 6,500
SIS: Ellucian Banner
|Deakin University||Australia||Improving Efficiency with StarRez Mobile Deployment||Beds: 1,400
|University of Westminster||United Kingdom||Implementing a Fully Integrated Accommodation System||Beds: 1,500
|Central Michigan University||USA||Delivering a Large-scale Self-Service Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|University of San Diego||USA||Improving Resident Satisfaction and Retention||Beds: 2,000
SIS: Ellucian Banner