New York University was seeking a comprehensive system to manage student housing operations in 14 countries across 6 continents. It was important to have a flexible database to accommodate the growth and addition of new student housing sites. Each site needed to retain its own branding, while providing the best experience to accelerate the timeline from application to final offer and contract.
” StarRez has provided NYU’s global network of academic centers and portal campuses the foundational system flexibility and global data intelligence required to effectively manage, adapt, and support our worldwide housing operations. Our close partnership with StarRez and their cutting-edge housing solutions allows NYU the complete solution needed to grow globally. ”
- Effectively manage a multi-campus global housing operation consisting of 14 locations across 6 continents.
- Consolidate data intelligence and reporting to improve operational insight and decision making.
- Housing system must provide flexibility to expand, grow and evolve as new sites are added and existing sites develop.
- Provide consistent application processes, business rules, rates, and room configuration across multiple campuses with varying currencies and accommodation types.
- Provided the flexibility to expand and scale the underlying housing management solution based on NYU’s growth and evolution.
- Standardized application processes built with the StarRez Portal enable consistent business rules and processes with the flexibility for each campus to reflect and enforce their own unique eligibility options, business rules and housing culture.
- Consistent room configuration among all campuses enables accurate and consolidated reporting while still meeting the varying complex needs of each campus.
- Utilizing the StarRez REST API Web Services, NYU is able to generate consolidated, worldwide reports providing global data intelligence and visibility.
- NYU can now effectively manage multiple currencies for campuses around the world.
- Unique housing information is collected for each individual campus providing insight into the range of themed and living learning communities around the globe.
- StarRez Portal (Room and Roommate Selection Online and Lottery Management)
- Conference and Events Management
- Integration using REST Web Services API for Student Demographics, Financials and Room Assignments
- Other Functions: Data Subscriptions, Housekeeping, and Keys Management
|Binghamton University||USA||Managing Gender Neutral Housing||Beds: 7,400
|Rochester Institute of Technology||USA||Providing Mobile Technology for Staff||Beds: 8,600
|Baylor University||USA||Student Housing Move-In||Beds: 5,200
|Campus Living Villages||USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand||Multi-site Property Management||Beds: 43,000|
|Montana State University Bozeman||USA||Leveraging Apple with StarRez||Beds: 4,000
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom||Fast Checkin, E-Induction, Arrival Timeslots||SIS: Banner
|University of Delaware||USA||Managing Early Arrivals||SIS: PeopleSoft
|Roanoke College||USA||Ellucian Colleague Integration API||Beds: 1,250
SIS: Colleague by Ellucian
|University of Washington Bothell||USA||Leveraging the StarRez Fully Managed Cloud||Beds: 275
|University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||USA||Quickly Implementing a New Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|New York University||USA||Managing an Ever Changing Global Campus||Beds: 13,000
|Johnson & Wales University||USA||Online Room & Roommate Selection for All Students||Beds: 6,500
SIS: Ellucian Banner
|Deakin University||Australia||Improving Efficiency with StarRez Mobile Deployment||Beds: 1,400
|University of Westminster||United Kingdom||Implementing a Fully Integrated Accommodation System||Beds: 1,500
|Central Michigan University||USA||Delivering a Large-scale Self-Service Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|University of San Diego||USA||Improving Resident Satisfaction and Retention||Beds: 2,000
SIS: Ellucian Banner