The University of Delaware needed an efficient and student service oriented solution to manage over 2,000 early arrivals while ensuring that the costs of managing this process were covered. Historically, their process was very cumbersome and resulted in a financial loss for the university.
” There are significant, real costs associated with allowing thousands of students to arrive on campus and move into their residence halls prior to Opening Day. We had an administratively burdensome system that operated at a financial loss to the University and only partially served the needs of our students. StarRez provided a functional, robust arrival system that generates revenue and provides exceptional service to our students. ”
- Provide exceptional service to over 2,000 early arrivals while also generating revenue.
- Communicate to campus departments who sponsor early arrivals which students have registered for an early check-in.
- Bill both students and campus departments for early check-in through an efficient and timely process.
- Create an automated process that doesn’t require a heavy administrative workload during one of the busiest times of the year.
- Generated substantial revenue for Residence Life and Housing to fully cover the cost of preparing the buildings early, providing staff, and obtaining support services for the extra days the halls are occupied.
- Emailed frequent and up-to-date student rosters via scheduled reports to almost 50 sponsoring groups indicating which students are registered to move in early.
- Created a process where thousands of students are able to easily register online for early move in as part of a sponsoring campus group or as an individual.
- Provided accurate early arrival projections to public safety, parking, and custodial management to estimate needed services.
- Easily identified early arrivals as individuals or sponsored groups, and accurately bill departments and students for the early move-in by the first week of September.
- Housing Management & Online Applications with Student Self-Service
- Inventory & Inspections Management with Mobile Rooms; Student Conduct; Meal Plan Selection and Pro-Rate; Fast Check In/Out; Housekeeping; Keys Management; Mobile Directory; SMS Text Messaging; Staff Employee Applications; and REST API
- Integration with Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions; Blackboard Meals; CAS SSO; and CashNet Payments
|Binghamton University||USA||Managing Gender Neutral Housing||Beds: 7,400
|Rochester Institute of Technology||USA||Providing Mobile Technology for Staff||Beds: 8,600
|Baylor University||USA||Student Housing Move-In||Beds: 5,200
|Campus Living Villages||USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand||Multi-site Property Management||Beds: 43,000|
|Montana State University Bozeman||USA||Leveraging Apple with StarRez||Beds: 4,000
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom||Fast Checkin, E-Induction, Arrival Timeslots||SIS: Banner
|University of Delaware||USA||Managing Early Arrivals||SIS: PeopleSoft
|Roanoke College||USA||Ellucian Colleague Integration API||Beds: 1,250
SIS: Colleague by Ellucian
|University of Washington Bothell||USA||Leveraging the StarRez Fully Managed Cloud||Beds: 275
|University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||USA||Quickly Implementing a New Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|New York University||USA||Managing an Ever Changing Global Campus||Beds: 13,000
|Johnson & Wales University||USA||Online Room & Roommate Selection for All Students||Beds: 6,500
SIS: Ellucian Banner
|Deakin University||Australia||Improving Efficiency with StarRez Mobile Deployment||Beds: 1,400
|University of Westminster||United Kingdom||Implementing a Fully Integrated Accommodation System||Beds: 1,500
|Central Michigan University||USA||Delivering a Large-scale Self-Service Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|University of San Diego||USA||Improving Resident Satisfaction and Retention||Beds: 2,000
SIS: Ellucian Banner