The University of San Diego needed a solution that allowed students to select roommate and rooms that best fit their preferences and personalities without complicating the housing process. StarRez provided the tools to empower students and increase satisfaction.
- Improve student retention by assigning rooms and roommates based on their unique and compatible lifestyle preferences.
- Utilize USD’s unique business rules and new assignment strategies to enhance student satisfaction.
- Simplify the housing application, room, and roommate assignment processes with a single online solution.
- Implement a flexible solution that can evolve and manage the ever-changing resident population and assignments process especially, considering the diverse types of campus housing offered.
- Delivered a complete online self-service room and roommate selection process for approximately 1,200 first-year and transfer students.
- Empowered students to browse room offerings online, set profiles, and select roommates based on personality and behavior preferences.
- Improved resident retention and satisfaction year after year.
- Integrated fully with Banner and Luminis by Ellucian campus systems to ensure accurate and timely exchange of critical student demographic and financial information.
- Implemented new room allocation strategies in half the scheduled time providing more time for staff to review and confirm that residents were fairly and effectively assigned to rooms with roommates.
- Staff generated real-time reports provide a better measure of housing demographic and student retention.
- Enabled staff to pre-plan and efficiently designate floors and buildings to better accommodate the ever-changing shifts in gender and freshman/returning student composition.
- Core Housing Management
- StarRez Portal (Electronic Guardian Contract Signature and Lottery Management)
- Conference Group Bookings Management
- Integration with Banner by Ellucian
|Binghamton University||USA||Managing Gender Neutral Housing||Beds: 7,400
|Rochester Institute of Technology||USA||Providing Mobile Technology for Staff||Beds: 8,600
|Baylor University||USA||Student Housing Move-In||Beds: 5,200
|Campus Living Villages||USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand||Multi-site Property Management||Beds: 43,000|
|Montana State University Bozeman||USA||Leveraging Apple with StarRez||Beds: 4,000
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom||Fast Checkin, E-Induction, Arrival Timeslots||SIS: Banner
|University of Delaware||USA||Managing Early Arrivals||SIS: PeopleSoft
|Roanoke College||USA||Ellucian Colleague Integration API||Beds: 1,250
SIS: Colleague by Ellucian
|University of Washington Bothell||USA||Leveraging the StarRez Fully Managed Cloud||Beds: 275
|University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||USA||Quickly Implementing a New Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|New York University||USA||Managing an Ever Changing Global Campus||Beds: 13,000
|Johnson & Wales University||USA||Online Room & Roommate Selection for All Students||Beds: 6,500
SIS: Ellucian Banner
|Deakin University||Australia||Improving Efficiency with StarRez Mobile Deployment||Beds: 1,400
|University of Westminster||United Kingdom||Implementing a Fully Integrated Accommodation System||Beds: 1,500
|Central Michigan University||USA||Delivering a Large-scale Self-Service Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|University of San Diego||USA||Improving Resident Satisfaction and Retention||Beds: 2,000
SIS: Ellucian Banner