Rochester Institute of Technology desperately needed a way to improve and streamline operations for the Student Housing Facilities staff. With the implementation of StarRez mobile apps they were able to dramatically improve operations.
” I am really excited about the fact that we have aligned our facilities operation with the Rochester Institute of Technology “RIT” name, with a heavy accent on the “T”. The StarRez Mobile Maintenance solution is an incredible advancement and convenience to have access to all pertinent information and the ability to service work requests from the field. ”
- Replace existing paper and text messaging based work order processes with a fully integrated mobile solution.
- Consolidate student housing and maintenance databases, reporting and management tools into one central system.
- Improve response time to student requests and tracking of open service tickets while in the field.
- Provide Maintenance Staff with the ability to create jobs, track new jobs, and photograph damages while in the field.
- Provided students an online web-based work order submission solution to input and track 300+ weekly maintenance requests.
- Improved resident service and reduced maintenance response times to a matter of hours instead of days.
- Leveraged the campus WI-FI, low cost iPod Touch devices, and StarRez, RIT maintenance staff have a cost effective and fully mobile
maintenance tracking and management solution.
- Enhanced staff efficiency by allowing the assignment, management, and processing of all maintenance requests on mobile devices.
- Supported the university’s sustainability initiatives by eliminating the use of paper for these processes.
- Reduced disputes over damage charges by capturing photographs of damages and emailing these with damage charge notifications.
- Notified billing staff of damage charges and utilized dashboard reports to streamline the billing process and ensures all charges are captured.
- Housing Management & Online Applications with Student Self-Service
- Inventory & Inspections with Mobile Rooms; Maintenance Work Order Management with Mobile Maintenance; Fast Check In/Out; Mailbox
Management; Package Tracking; and REST API
- Integration with Oracle’s PeopleSoft Campus Solutions; CBORD Meals; Lenel Building Access; and Shiboleth SSO
|Grand Canyon University||USA||Messaging Makeover: Getting Through to Today’s Students||Beds: 13,150
|Cedar Point||USA||Streamlining Staff Housing Operations with Real-Time Data||Beds: 3,300|
|Coastal Carolina University||USA||Improved Planning for — and Communication During — Hurricane Evacuations||Beds: 4,600
|University of Colorado Colorado Springs||USA||Residential Curriculum Model Enhances Student Engagement and Learning||Beds: 1,750
|Georgia College & State University||USA||Saving Students After a Disaster - Implementing an On-Campus Renters Insurance Program||Beds: 2,250
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|Binghamton University||USA||Managing Gender Neutral Housing||Beds: 7,400
|Rochester Institute of Technology||USA||Providing Mobile Technology for Staff||Beds: 8,600
|Baylor University||USA||Student Housing Move-In||Beds: 5,200
|Campus Living Villages||USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand||Multi-site Property Management||Beds: 43,000|
|Montana State University Bozeman||USA||Leveraging Apple with StarRez||Beds: 4,000
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom||Fast Checkin, E-Induction, Arrival Timeslots||SIS: Banner
|University of Delaware||USA||Managing Early Arrivals||SIS: PeopleSoft
|Roanoke College||USA||Ellucian Colleague Integration API||Beds: 1,250
SIS: Colleague by Ellucian
|University of Washington Bothell||USA||Leveraging the StarRez Fully Managed Cloud||Beds: 275
|University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||USA||Quickly Implementing a New Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|New York University||USA||Managing an Ever Changing Global Campus||Beds: 13,000
|Johnson & Wales University||USA||Online Room & Roommate Selection for All Students||Beds: 6,500
SIS: Ellucian Banner
|Deakin University||Australia||Improving Efficiency with StarRez Mobile Deployment||Beds: 1,400
|University of Westminster||United Kingdom||Implementing a Fully Integrated Accommodation System||Beds: 1,500
|Central Michigan University||USA||Delivering a Large-scale Self-Service Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|University of San Diego||USA||Improving Resident Satisfaction and Retention||Beds: 2,000
SIS: Ellucian Banner