The University of Westminster in London was in need of a comprehensive housing solution to accommodate the ever changing landscape of student demands. With StarRez, they were able to provide their students with an enhanced experience and their staff with effective and improved tools.
- Maximise occupancy across diverse sites each with differing student cohorts.
- To be able to respond quickly to changes in student demand and maximize occupancy between different student cohorts.
- Given the importance of overseas students and different academic programmes, the portal needed to be clear, attractive and able to distinguish between new students and returners.
- Integrate with key Student Information System, including SITS and Agresso.
- Easy Report Generation for Staff.
- Two-way integration with the campus-wide Evolution building management system.
- Quickly implemented StarRez and trained staff on the new accommodation system.
- Smooth transfer of data from existing system to StarRez has enabled staff to hit the ground running without requiring duplicate systems.
- Built-in reporting tools and user-friendly dashboard have helped Westminster focus on maximizing occupancy.
- Efficient auto allocation tools have vastly reduced room allocation processing post A-level.
- Improved communication with students has reduced time spent on repetitive queries, allowing more time for detailed help to be given where needed.
- Efficient front desk operation s have assisted in streamlined check-ins and day-to-day service.
- Automated billing has allowed for quick and accurate billing across a large and diverse campus with many different rates.
- Core Housing (Resident Directory, Reporting, Occupancy Graph, User-defined Dashboards, Communication Tools, Billing, Online Web Directory, and Single Sign On for Staff).
- StarRez Portal (Online Payments, Contract Signature, Lottery, Roommate Selection, and Dynamic License Agreement).
- Interfaces and Integration (Demographic Import from SITS, Finance Export to Agresso, Online Payment Interface, Export to Room Bookings System).
|Binghamton University||USA||Managing Gender Neutral Housing||Beds: 7,400
|Rochester Institute of Technology||USA||Providing Mobile Technology for Staff||Beds: 8,600
|Baylor University||USA||Student Housing Move-In||Beds: 5,200
|Campus Living Villages||USA, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand||Multi-site Property Management||Beds: 43,000|
|Montana State University Bozeman||USA||Leveraging Apple with StarRez||Beds: 4,000
SIS: Ellucian - Banner
|University of Birmingham||United Kingdom||Fast Checkin, E-Induction, Arrival Timeslots||SIS: Banner
|University of Delaware||USA||Managing Early Arrivals||SIS: PeopleSoft
|Roanoke College||USA||Ellucian Colleague Integration API||Beds: 1,250
SIS: Colleague by Ellucian
|University of Washington Bothell||USA||Leveraging the StarRez Fully Managed Cloud||Beds: 275
|University of North Carolina Chapel Hill||USA||Quickly Implementing a New Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|New York University||USA||Managing an Ever Changing Global Campus||Beds: 13,000
|Johnson & Wales University||USA||Online Room & Roommate Selection for All Students||Beds: 6,500
SIS: Ellucian Banner
|Deakin University||Australia||Improving Efficiency with StarRez Mobile Deployment||Beds: 1,400
|University of Westminster||United Kingdom||Implementing a Fully Integrated Accommodation System||Beds: 1,500
|Central Michigan University||USA||Delivering a Large-scale Self-Service Housing Solution||Beds: 8,500
|University of San Diego||USA||Improving Resident Satisfaction and Retention||Beds: 2,000
SIS: Ellucian Banner